The Provincial Working Alone Regulation took affect on April 30, 2001. In compliance, the EAS Safety Committe has assessed the risk levels for access to the Rock Saw Facility
- The Rock Saw Facility can only be accessed from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. weekdays. There will be no after hours or weekend access to the area.
- The Rock Saw facility has card-swipe access. All personnel must signup to use this room and leave the room clean prior to finishing for the day. After 4:00 p.m. your card will not open the door. The General Office Secretary can see your time in and time out of this facility. As always, do not allow anyone else access to the facility when you have signed up to use the Rock Saw room. Everyone has to go through the training process to gain access to this facility. Failure to follow the rules may result in you losing your access to the Rock Saw room.
- All personnel must be trained by Mark Labbe on how to use the equipment in this facility. Mark will have you sign a training record, stating that you have received training and that you understand how to safely operate the equipment. SOP’s for all equipment in the room have been posted. Workers are required to wear the safety equipment provided when using the rock saws.
- REPORT ANY FAULTY EQUIPMENT TO MARK LABBE IMMEDIATELY AT 780-492-7301.
- All personnel must have completed the Department of EAS WHMIS/Safety training before accessing this facility.
- Emergency phone numbers have been posted by the exit to this room. Report any injuries to Diane Caird, Mark Labbe or Mary-Jane Turnell.
Failure to follow these rules will revoke your privileges to access this facility.
You should familiarize yourself with the various agencies/offices in the Emergency Guide in the front of the University phone book.