Working Alone Regulation are in effect for this area. The Department Safety Committee has assessed the risk levels of all areas in the department. The following changes have been made for access to the Rock Crushing Room:
- The Rock Crushing Room can be accessed during regular work hours only, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. weekdays. There will be no after hours or weekend access to the area.
- This area has card-swipe access. To obtain access – see the General Secretary in Room 1-26 ESB. Access will not be given until you have completed the EAS WHMIS/Safety Seminar and have been trained in the proper and safe use of the equipment in the Rock Crushing room by Mark Labbe. There is a calendar on the door – you must sign up for the days that you will need the room. If you do not show up by 9:00 a.m. on the date you signed, the room will be forfeited to the next user. Consistently not showing up when you have signed up will result in all of your bookings being removed from the calendar. Your card-swipe access will not open the doors after 4:00 p.m.
- Do not allow anyone else access to the Rock Crushing Facility while you are working within the facility. They must access the room/s with their own card to gain access to this area. Violating this rule could cause your access to be removed.
- The Department Technician, Mark Labbe will train all personnel on how to use the equipment in this facility. Mark will require you to sign a training record stating that you have received training and that you understand how to safely operate the equipment. SOP’s for all equipment in the room have been posted. Any subsequent training for special research protocols will be provided by the primary researcher AFTER Mark has completed the initial training.
- All personnel will sign the logbook in the room and indicate which crusher or apparatus they are using. REPORT ANY FAULTY EQUIPMENT TO MARK LABBE IMMEDIATELY AT 780-492-7301.
- User’s will be required to call their contact person on an hourly basis.
- Emergency phone numbers have been posted by the exit to this room. In any emergency situation, call for help immediately. The phone number to the Rock Crushing Room is 780-492-6123
- Failure to follow these rules will revoke your privileges to access this facility.
You should familiarize yourself with the various agencies/offices in the Emergency Guide in the front of the University phone book.