The U of A, Facilities & Operations, Fire Safety link can be found at: Office of the Vice President
Fire Extinguisher Courses:
The Fire Safety Division at Facilities & Operations, offer a Fire Extinguisher Course once a year in late May or early June every year. This allows University personnel the chance to learn how to use the different types of extinguishers found on campus and how to effectively put out a fire. Check their website at: Fire Extinguisher Course to find out when they offer their next course.
Fire Evacuation Procedures
- Activate fire alarm pullstation…(can be found along exit route)
- Close door(s) in fire area…
- Evacuate fire area and building…
- Call 911 and give your name, location and nature of the fire…
- Meet fire department at main entrance.
Note: Only attempt to extinguish the fire if no danger exists and the first three steps have been taken.
Emergency Contact Numbers on Campus